Saturday, April 23, 2011

A to Z: Troll-Glade Terrain

This past fall I made a small terrain piece. One of my favorite parts of the Hobbit was the scene with the Three Hungry Trolls: William, Bert & Tom, and how later in the Fellowship of the Rings these trolls were discovered again, or their statue-remains at any rate.

So I made my own Troll-turned-to-Stone terrain.

The story behind it is a troll from the Misty Mountains had come down with a goblin raiding party that got intercepted by a dwarven patrol. The fighting raged on until morning, where the troll was caught in the sunlight and turned to stone.  You can see the remains & shield from one of the dwarves still in the pool.



It's about 6 inches across. It'd be a fun item to put down on any fantasy table, but clearly Lord of the Rings setting would be ideal.  I enjoyed the Strategy Battle Game.  It's a great game that I think if people approach it designing their armies for theme and story, instead of dialing it up for optimum power, can be a lot of fun. I have a few themed armies for it, that are in various stages of completion: from on sprue to partially painted. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play this game again someday.

Enjoy the Movie (about 2 minutes in)


1 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Cool little diorama!

The U-toob video isnt working mate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...