Friday, July 13, 2012

Who Gives a Monkey a Gun? Well, I guess I do.

Wow, it was back in December that I converted the Reaper Miniatures pirate goblin into a monkey for a simian Cabin Boy for my Privateers for Legends of the High Seas.  And like most projects, if there isn't an immediate need, then it gets pushed to the side.  The campaign got called on account of lack of participation- was a bad time for a lot of people, me included- I had to miss two sessions and next I knew the league was canceled, so as much my fault as anyone else, just didn't have time with work & life.

So the Privateers remained as they were: bases painted and primed people.
Shifting things around I had to move this warband and thought "Wouldn't hurt to have a monkey for Greystoke's Apes for Empire of the Dead".
So he got some paint!

I decided I wouldn't rebase him- he'll stay with sandy beach, And his colorful attire? Perhaps he works as a spy for Greystoke, begging for pence in the street and keeping an eye & ear out about goings-on in the city, and so this outfit helps draw attention and might loosen the purse strings of charmed gentry.

A very quick paintjob for the monkey, and maybe someday his human swashbuckler friends will join him...


before:



13 comments:

Lead Legion said...

That's a cracking looking monkey with a gun.

Paul´s Bods said...

!!!!! The before...it looks like it´s got virtually no fine detail..how the heck did you do such an excellent paintjob!!!? It looks like you have painted a different model...I doff my hat to you.
Cheers
paul

Jay said...

Wonderful conversion and painting!

styx said...

Put down that gun, you damm dirty APE! *BOOM* *THUD*

Great work!

Chris said...

Very good looking and fairly armed, I would add a brace of bananas. It might make him more appealing.

Simon Quinton said...

Very cool idea, nice single shot Blunderbuss. Click BOOM! flying cone of shrapnel death

Remco said...

Wonderful conversion, like what you have done here!

e-p said...

Monkeys always look better with guns!

Unknown said...

Ferret, you are the only person I know who could give a monkey a gun and have that turn out to be a good thing.

Nice bit of work here, really nice. You're packing them in too I see. Good for you. Go Ferret!!!!

The Angry Lurker said...

That's a good paint job on banana head with the gun mate....

MrLee said...

Awesome job, and I hope that you get the rest of the group done at one point or another..

Michael Awdry said...

I remember this little chap so great to see him with such a wonderful paint job; brilliant!

Laughing Ferret said...

Thanks all!
Everything is better with Monkeys ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...