Saturday, October 27, 2012

What do you get when you cross Jack Skellington with a Koala? More Blood Bowl Dice!


Well, I  think he looks like Jack Skellington the Koala... 

Everyone who plays Blood Bowl needs Block Dice and many of us covet unique Block Dice, to get colors to match our teams, such as when I was so happy to get a set of old Banana Yellow NAF Block Dice for my Ape team! 

Well, on Indiegogo (think Kickstarter with a groovy name) is a project for sets of Australian Block Dice

Australia does appear to be a haven for Blood Bowl. Like wild pigs, once imported it thrived like a champ. 
This project celebrates that National Pastime with Australia-themed Block Dice...

              
   DEFENDER DOWN / DEFENDER STUMBLE / PUSHED / BOTH DOWN  / ATTACKER DOWN

Pretty intuitive. 

They're starting with three different colors, the one above and:
Black Cockatoo - Black with Yellow

Golden Soil - Yellow with Brown

Then stretch goals for other colored sets, this one is pretty stunning...

Coral Reef - Pink with Green

No wonder Blood Bowl is so popular in Australia, the entire continent is a 'Pow' shape! 

I've still never been to Australia... someday I will get there, and I'm definitely going to make a Blood Bowl tournament part of the plan.  Unfortunately around here the only dice allowed in tournaments are the official white BB dice and NAF dice.  I suppose some that are available are a bit hard to read, but not these- I think it's very obvious.  But I'm sure league play and friendly one-off games wouldn't have a problem with them. 

The low cost options are $10 for a random set, $15 for one of your choice, and $36 for 3 different sets. 

Now we just need skeletal koala miniatures... 

6 comments:

Christopher Sheets said...

Thanks for pointing this project out! Gotta see if the missus lets me participate. She has mentioned missing playing Blood Bowl lately.

Paul O'G said...

If you ever come to Australia, my Man Cave would be delighted to offer sanctuary and gaming fun! Indeed, the Lad and I demand it!

Great dice indeed - we are signed up for some!

Tomsche69 said...

I've pledged for this one, Great Barrier Reef fluorescent pink for the win and the eye-sight of the opponents!

Unknown said...

You'd love Australia Ferret. I've been there twice, once to Sydney and once to Port Douglas. The people there are so very friendly and welcoming, you'd have a grand time of it.

Laughing Ferret said...

That'd be great Paul, don't know when I'd have the time & funds for such a trip (but someday), and I'd definitely take you up on that!

Fiendil said...

I think he's bit more of an Oogie Boogie than Jack...

Bloodbowl team made up using a pile of Malifaux Stitched Togethers? One of them is a blatant Oogie Boogie.

The old Confrontation Familiars of Darkness might be good as Oogie's henchmen.

Maybe add a Reaper Pumpkin Golem, sans scythe, as a big guy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...